Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm
Excl. Tax - £832.50
Designed as a replacement for the EOS 70D, the Canon EOS 80D offers 24.2 megapixel CMOS performance, delivering fantastic image detail and image processing power using its DIGIC 6 processor chip, which also enables Full 60p HD movie recording and a maximum frame rate of 7fps.
Focusing moves another step forward with a 45-point AF system, all of these being the cross-point type and with individual point selection. The 80D also has 27 f/8-compatible AF points for focusing in low light, even capable of working in moonlight, complementing the low light capability borne out by the ISO 100-16,000 sensitivity, expandable to ISO 25,600.
For the most accurate metering, the 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor uses visible and Infra-red (IR) illumination to determine exposure, plus there is Flicker Detection for consistent exposure under fluorescent lighting. For artificial lighting shots there is White Priority which reduces but not eliminates warmer tones, for an authentic looking colour balance.
Full HD Movies are recordable on the EOS 80D at up to 60p frame rate (MP4) with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. Recording is customisable with easy adjustment of sensitivity of both AF speed and tracking sensitivity so you can suit the camera's reaction times to the pace and style of your movie. It is equipped with headphone and microphone jacks for easy monitoring of sound and upgrading from the built-in microphones.
The Intelligent 100% viewfinder will display camera settings, plus there is a 7.7cm (3-inch) Vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch Screen which is ideal for Live View duties.
There is the Canon Camera Connect app for Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity for transfer of JPEGs to your mobile or tablet, as well as the ability to control your camera from your mobile device or computer without the need for a Wi-Fi router. The camera is also compatible with the Canon Connect Station CS100.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, the 80D is capable of producing high-resolution imagery with notable clarity and minimal noise, as well as a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-16000 that can be further expanded to ISO 25600 to support working in low-light situations. The sensor and processor combination also avails fast performance throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at up to 7 fps or record Full HD 1080p video at 60 fps in the MP4 format.
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions down to -3 EV. For working with telephoto lenses fitted with extenders, 27 of the points are capable of focusing down to f/8 and the center dual cross-type offers increased precision at brighter aperture values. The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects. Making use of the 45-points is a series of four AF area selection modes, including single-point AF; Zone AF, where you can select from one of nine AF zones; Large Zone AF, which offers a choice of three selectable zones; and 45-point AF auto selection, which allows the camera to select a single point automatically.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to stills recording, the 80D also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps in the MOV format with ALL-I compression, or 60 fps in the MP4 format with IPB compression. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Additionally, both headphone and microphone jacks are incorporated in the body design for advanced control over audio recording.
Unique to most video recording systems, the 80D also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot ClearView II touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type Intelligent Viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive features can be displayed during use.
- Both photos and movies can be wirelessly shared to smartphones or tablets, using the Canon Camera Connect app, for instant online sharing or backed up to the Canon Connect Station CS100 via built-in Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity. Remote shooting from a linked mobile device is also available, allowing you to wirelessly configure exposure settings or release the shutter.
- The high-performance shutter mechanism has been tested for up to 100,000 cycles.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Included with the 80D is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers a variety of perspectives from wide-angle to portrait-length. Its design integrates an STM focusing mechanism that provides near-silent focusing abilities with smooth and precise control. Additionally, the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps in order to benefit working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. One aspherical lens element is also incorporated into the lens construction to help reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens coating has been applied, too, in order to lessen lens flare and ghosting for higher contrast, clearer imagery.
- Other Camera Features
- A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- An anti-flicker function automatically compensates for flickering light sources to provide consistent exposure values and color during continuous shooting.
- Time-Lapse Movie combines still photos taken at set intervals into a silent movie to depict motion that occurs over a long time scale.
- HDR effects are available for stills shooting, and can be applied using Natural, Art Standard, Art Bold, Art Vivid, and Art Embossed settings.
- Creative Filters can be applied to creatively refine the look of imagery, and include Grainy Black and White, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Art Bold Effect, and Water Painting Effect. Five dedicated effects are also available for movie recording, an include Memory, Dream, Old Movies, Dramatic B&W, and Miniature Effect.
- Picture Style settings: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS STM Lens
Camera Cover R-F-3
Wide Strap EW-EOS 80D
Battery Pack LP-E6N
Battery Charger LC-E6E
Watch video here
V12 Retail Finance
V12 Retail Finance information
We offer our customers the ability to apply for simple finance facilities to fund a purchase from us. Once you are accepted by V12 Retail Finance you will be asked to eSign the credit agreement and once in receipt of your purchase, V12 will make your agreement live and your monthly repayments will commence for the agreed term. In short retail finance gives you the flexibility to buy what you really want now, not just what you can afford today by spreading the cost of your purchase over a repayment period that suits your budget.
Subject to availability, the product we offer is:
• 12 months Interest Free Credit;
We require a minimum deposit of 10%.
Interest Free Credit
• This is an interest free loan with no arrangement fees
• You repay the loan amount through equal monthly payments spread over the chosen repayment period
• Minimum loan of £250.00 applies and so the order value needs to be over £278 to allow for the 10% deposit.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have been a UK resident for 3 years or more
• Be able to make repayments by direct debit
• Be in regular employment* (minimum of 16 hours per week) including self-employment, or in permanent residence with your spouse/partner who is in regular employment
*If you are retired and receive a pension or registered disabled and unable to work, V12 Retail Finance may ask for proof of sufficient income.
Credit is subject to age and status. You must agree to the lender's Terms and Conditions and electronically sign the Credit Agreement document before we can release the goods to you.
During the loan application process you will be asked for your personal information such as name, 3 year address history, date of birth, email and telephone contact details and employment/income information. If you are accepted you will also need a credit or debit card registered to you at your address on the credit application so that the lender can carry out an electronic identity check.
With most applications we expect that you will be given an acceptance or decline decision within 10-20 seconds. In some cases the lender may return the decision as 'referred'. You will then receive an email with further instructions once the underwriters have made a decision. For in store applications you can usually wait in the shop whilst the underwriters review your application. Underwriting hours are between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank holidays), 9am and 6pm on Saturday, and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. If your application is referred outside of these hours then you may have to wait until the next working day for the decision.
For finance orders made online or via mail order we are only able to deliver the goods to the address on your credit agreement (your home address). You will not be able to have the goods shipped to another address or collect the goods from us in person.
RETURNS & CANCELLATION PROCEDURE
If you wish to return the order then please refer to our returns policy. If we accept your return we will contact the lender to cancel the credit agreement. We may not able to cancel the finance if the return falls outside of our returns period.
DECLINED CREDIT APPLICATIONS
You will be informed of the decision if the lender declines your application, the lender in unable to share the reason for decline with us. Applications are usually declined for reasons such as:
• you do not meet the eligibility criteria (see above);
• adverse credit reference agency information;
• your credit score;
• you are considered to be overcommitted; or
• your existing account performance with other lenders.
The lender will give you the contact details for the credit reference agency used. They will also give you information on how to appeal the decision if you wish to discuss the matter. Please note that the lender is unable to discuss this over the telephone due to Data Protection rules. You should also note that each lender applies its own credit score to applicants so if you have recently been accepted for credit elsewhere this does not necessarily mean that appealing the decision on this basis alone will result in a change of decision.
H.PRESTON acts as a credit broker and only offers credit products from Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance.
Secure Trust Bank is registered in England and Wales 541132. Registered office: One Arleston Way, Solihull, B90 4LH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration number: 204550.
H.PRESTON is registered in England and Wales 12345678. Registered office H.PRESTON, 103 Worcester road Malvern Worcs WR14 1EP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our interim registration